The Meetings Mean Business Canada Board is set to continue its mission to advocate for the power of face-to-face meetings by travelling across Canada to connect with Business Events Industry Leaders.
The 2018 MMB Canada Chair, Heidi Welker, and board members Clark Grue (Vice Chair) and Reggie Lang (Treasurer) travelled to Winnipeg for a 2hour meeting and collaborative discussion with 24 executives working in the Business Events Industry, on Monday, June 25th in the RBC Convention Centre.
Speaking about the coalition meeting in Winnipeg, current chair Heidi Welker commented, “INSERT QUOTE.”
Since the coalition relaunched its rebrand from BEICC to MMBC in January 2017. MMB Canada has raised over $100,000 of initial funding and counts over 120 industry executive leaders amongst its supporters to date.
The 2018 goals of MMB Canada include the following:
- We want to be the advocacy voice/platform for the Business Events Industry in Canada;
- We want to align our efforts and work in tandem with TIAC (our secretariat);
- We want to continue growing our coalition through meetings like this. And then provide deliverable updates to all of you;
- We have formed 3 committees to research and recommend:
O A sustainable financial model (chaired by Heidi Welker)
O Curation of unified data for our industry. (co-chaired by Clark Grue and Reggie Clark)
O Executing a plan to tell our Story (co-chaired by Joe Glionna and Debbie van der Beek)
- Lastly, we also need to have a board of directors’ succession plan that will include national representation.
To learn more about MMB Canada, view the current supporter list, and add your organization to this growing coalition, please visit our website here https://www.meetingsmeanbusiness.ca/supporters.