The current ECM Board members
ECM General Assembly last week saw the implementation of ECM Strategy 2017-2020 first steps, with the creation of an additional Vice-President position dedicated to City Marketing.
During ECM International Conference in Dubrovnik gathering 200 persons last week, Dieter Hardt-Stremayr (Graz, Austria) was elected the Association’s President for a duration of 2 years. The General Assembly also appointed Petra Stusek (Ljubljana, Slovenia) as Vice-President dedicated to Leisure & Tourism and Eduard Pieter Oud (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) as Vice-President dedicated to City Marketing.
The newly elected board members are as follows: Ignasi de Delàs (Barcelona, Spain), Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Copenhagen, Denmark), Barbara Jamison (London, United Kingdom), Nicolas Lefebvre (Paris, France) and Marta Stawińska (Poznań, Poland).
Bettina Bunge (Dresden, Germany) pursues her role as Vice-President dedicated to the Meetings Industry and Philippe Vignon (Geneva, Switzerland) carries on with his role as Treasurer. Pier Paolo Mariotti (Bolzano, Italy), Erwin Van de Wiele (Ghent, Belgium) and Goran Pavlović (Opatija, Croatia) continue their mandates as ECM Board Members.
«It’s a real honour for me to have been elected ECM President once again. It really shows the trust that ECM members have in me. But this responsibility is also a challenge considering the difficult times and the transformations that DMOs are facing. But I am convinced that our strategic approach focusing on city marketing and the balance between residents, business travellers and visitors will help our destinations in their holistic position to stand still. I am really thrilled to take part in this adventure.» said freshly elected ECM President, Dieter Hardt-Stremayr.
Ignasi de Delàs and Dieter Hardt-Stremayr
Current ECM Executive Committee:
- Dieter Hardt-Stremayr, President (Managing Director, Graz Tourist Office)
- Petra Stusek, Vice-President Leisure & Tourism (CEO, Ljubljana Tourism)
- Bettina Bunge, Vice-President Meetings Industry (Managing Director, Dresden Marketing)
- Eduard Pieter Oud, Vice-President City Marketing (COO, Amsterdam Marketing)
- Philippe Vignon, Treasurer (General Manager, Genève Tourisme & Congrès)
- Ignasi de Delàs, (Deputy General Manager, Turisme de Barcelona)
- Pier Paolo Mariotti (Meeting Manager, EURAC Convention Centre Bolzano)
- Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Deputy Convention Director, Wonderful Copenhagen)
- Erwin Van de Wiele (CEO, Ghent Tourist Office)
- Barbara Jamison (Head of Business Development – Europe, London & Partners)
- Goran Pavlović (Head, Opatija Convention and Incentive Bureau)
- Nicolas Lefebvre (CEO, Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de Paris)
- Marta Stawińska (Senior Project Manager – Tourism Development, Poznań Tourism Organisation)
*European Cities Marketing is the only non-profit organisation improving the competitiveness and performance of leading cities of Europe by providing a platform for convention, leisure and city marketing professionals to exchange knowledge, best practice and widen their network to build new business. ECM has a leading role in promoting city marketing as a profession. European Cities Marketing is linking the interests of members from more than 100 major cities in 36 countries. More information can be found on www.europeancitiesmarketing.com.