From 14th to 17th February 2019
For an entire weekend in February, Bright Brussels, Festival of Light will illuminate various quarters at the centre of Brussels. From the docks, the Nouveau Marché aux Grains right up to the Béguinage, many original works will brighten up the capital from 14 to 17 February 2019.
The docks and the Sainte-Catherine quarter will come to life thanks to about a dozen luminous installations and light animations. International artists and collectives will shed their light on several characteristic places.
Bright Brussels, Festival of Light offers visitors a unique chance to (re)discover the quarters at the heart of the capital in a wholly new light. They can even explore hidden gems such as the Béguinage quarter and the rue du Grand Hospice.
At the initiative of the Minister-President of the Brussels-Capital Region Rudi Vervoort and the Brussels Minister for Mobility and Public Works Pascal Smet, visit.brussels will coordinate the implementation of these monumental works in the heart of the capital.
A call for artistic projects was published on 15 October 2018. A jury composed of representatives of the Brussels creative and design sector will select a dozen works on December 14th. These works will illuminate the following places:
- the area Quai à la Chaux, Quai à la Houille, Quai au Bois de Construction and Quai aux Barques,
- the fountain basin of the Quai aux Briques and the Quai au Bois à Brûler,
- the square Marché aux Porcs,
- the Rue du Grand Hospice in front of the Hospice Pacheco,
- the square Béguinage and the front of the church at the Béguinage,
- the square ‘Vismet’– the Quai aux Briques and the Quai au Bois à Brûler,
- the Rue du Chien Marin, the Rue du Nom de Jésus and the Rue du Pays de Liège,
- the Rue Léon Lepage,
- the square Nouveau Marché aux Grains,
- the square Vieux Marché aux Grains,
- the Brussels Parliament.
There will also be illuminations at the Grand Place and on the façade of the Eglise SainteCatherine.
Candidates have until December 2nd to submit their applications.
More information: www.bright.brussels